Bethesda Conservatory of Dance
The health and safety of you, our students, staff, and their families is our only priority in this unprecedented crisis. We believe dance provides a much needed creative, emotional, and physical outlet to our students. In order to continue to provide quality dance instruction in the safest manner possible, we have developed the following strategy:
3 S’s: Safety/Spacing/Sanitization:
• Continue to provide on-line dance classes.
• Students and Staff must take their temperature before departing for the studio. BCoD reserves the right to check any and all temperatures using a temporal scanner before entry to the building.
• Staff must complete and sign a symptom log before beginning a shift. Students will be sent a checklist to review before each class.
• No student or staff member may enter the building if they, a member of their family, or personal contact has or has had symptoms of Covid-19 as outlined by the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html#self-checker in the last 14 days.
•Students and Staff must wear a mask to be pulled down only for water breaks. Lessons will be designed to limit excursion to a comfortable level.
•We are monitoring the case trends in the area and government regulations/advisories closely. At the very first hint of cases increasing in our area, we will move to back to virtual-only classes.
•Staff must wash hands hourly as a minimum.
•No props will be used.
• Students must maintain appropriate distancing of no less than 6ft at all times. Markers are placed on the studio floor to assist in distancing.
• Our lobby is closed. Students that are not able to separate at the street level door may not attend in-person lessons.
• Our dressing room is closed. Students must arrive dressed in BCoD dress code https://www.bethesdaconservatoryofdance.com/dress-code-requirements and change into dance shoes before entering the dance studio. Dance shoes that have been worn outside may not be used in the dance room.
• Bathrooms are for emergency use only.
• A hospital-grade fogger will be used daily to disinfect the entire studio and bathroom space.
• Commonly touched surfaces will be cleaned with EPA and CDC approved cleaners between lessons.
• HEPA Air Purifiers will be running and windows will be open in each room during lessons.
• Roomba vacuums will be used while the building is empty to prevent potential air particle spread.
• The dance floors will be disinfected via robot daily.
• Staff will be trained on how to use all of the new cleaners and equipment.
• Everyone must use hand sanitizer immediately upon entering the building.
• You can check out our video of our new sanitizing gear at: https://youtu.be/kVzTyTK6yDc