“In this dance space I will be kind to others and myself!"
Dress Code Requirements
Bethesda Conservatory of Dance maintains a traditional dress code to encourage concentration and a sense of inclusiveness (variations in attire can be distracting). Uniformity in dancewear allows the teachers to assess how well the students are implementing the technique being taught, problems with alignment, and other important aspects of dance training. Teachers are not expected to adhere to the same dress code as the children.
Though not required to be purchased from Bethesda Conservatory of Dance, we do offer items required by the dress code for your convenience through our online store and/or through special orders placed with our vendors. Please note, all dancers are expected to be in full dress code within 2 weeks of the start of class. Students not in dress code will be denied admission to class.
• Students should carry their dancewear, shoes, a water bottle, and other belongings in a dance bag. Please print your child’s name on the bag as well as on all of its contents.
• Dancewear is to be kept in good repair and laundered on a regular basis.
• Boys age 10 and older must wear a dance belt.
• Watches, Fitbits, jewelry, and safety pins may not be worn to class.
• Dance shoes should never be worn outside.
**Student assistants are expected to wear the dress code of the class in which they are assigned. **
Discount Dancewear and Shoe Packages
Bethesda Conservatory of Dance makes it easy for parents and students with “all you’ll need” available at Store (shopnimbly.com). If you would like us to size your child and place an order, we are happy to do so before or after your child’s class, or during our sizing days offered several times per year. Dancers that wish to be sized but do not wish to place an order with us may do so for a small sitting fee.